The Essentials That We Believe
1. The Holy Scriptures - We believe the Bible is God-inspired.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT) 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
2. The Eternal Godhead - We believe God is Triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2 Corinthians 13:14 (NLT) 14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
3. The Fall Of Man - We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he fell from perfection
Romans 5:12 (NLT) 12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.
4. The Plan Of Salvation - We believe that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us, signing the pardon of all who believe on Him.
John 3:16 (NLT) 16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 5:8 (NLT) 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
5. Salvation Through Grace - We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God pleading the righteousness of Christ.
Ephesians 2:8-9 (NLT) 8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
6. Repentance And Acceptance - We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God.
1 John 1:9 (NLT) 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
7. The New Birth - We believe that the change, which takes place in the heart and life at conversion, is a very real one.
2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT) 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Galatians 2:20 (NLT) 20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
8. Daily Christian Living - We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith.
Hebrews 6:1 (NLT) 1 So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don’t need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God.
9. Baptism And The Lord's Supper - We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work. We believe in the commemoration of the Lord's Supper by the symbolic use of the bread and juice of the vine.
Matthew 28:19 (NLT) 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 11:24-25 (NLT) 24 and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and said, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.” 25 In the same way, he took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood. Do this to remember me as often as you drink it.”
10. Baptism With The Holy Spirit - We believe that the Baptism with the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power; and that His incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days.
Acts 2:4 (NLT) 4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.
11. The Spirit-Filled Life - We believe that it is the will of God that we walk in the Spirit daily.
Ephesians 4:30-32 (NLT) 30 And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. 32 Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
12. The Gifts And Fruit Of The Spirit - We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian; and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life (I Corinthians 12:1-11).
Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT) 22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
13. Moderation - We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead him into extremes of fanaticism.
Philippians 4:5 (NLT) 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
14. Divine Healing - We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the physically sick in answer to the prayer of faith.
James 5:14-15 (NLT) 14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
15. The Second Coming Of Christ - We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (NLT) 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever.
16. Church Relationship - We believe it is our sacred duty to identify ourselves with the visible Body of Christ.
Acts 16:5 (NLT) 5 So the churches were strengthened in their faith and grew larger every day.
Hebrews 10:25 (NLT) 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
17. Civil Government - We believe that rulers should be upheld at all times except in things opposed to the will of God.
Romans 13:1-5 (NLT) 1 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.
18. The Final Judgment - We believe that all shall stand some day before the judgment seat of God, and there receive eternal life or death.
2 Corinthians 5:20 (NLT) 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
19. Heaven - We believe that Heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers.
John 14:1-3 (NLT) 1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.
Revelation 7:15-17 (NLT) 15 “That is why they stand in front of God’s throne and serve him day and night in his Temple. And he who sits on the throne will give them shelter. 16 They will never again be hungry or thirsty; they will never be scorched by the heat of the sun. 17 For the Lamb on the throne will be their Shepherd. He will lead them to springs of life-giving water. And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”
20. Hell - We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment for all who reject Christ as the Savior.
Revelation 20:10 (NLT) 10 Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Revelation 20:15 (NLT) 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.
21. Evangelism - We believe that soul winning is the most important responsibility of the Church.
James 5:20 (NLT) 20 you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
22. Tithes And Offerings - We believe that the method ordained of God for the support and spread of His cause is by giving of tithes and free-will offerings .
Malachi 3:10 (NLT) 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!
2 Corinthians 9:7 (NLT) 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully."